[ƒcƒc]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SammyServers and [ƒcƒc] moving forward...

+6
SofaKingHot
Frost
Furry Fucia
Psycho
[ƒcƒc] Pallal
Opal
10 posters

Go down

SammyServers and [ƒcƒc] moving forward... Empty SammyServers and [ƒcƒc] moving forward...

Post by Opal Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:58 am

Important: News about SammyServers & [ƒcƒc]

Today marks a significant change between the relationship of SammyServers and [ƒcƒc]. [ƒcƒc] has been the official forum for SS for some time now. With recent changes in the makeup of SammyServers, and the "staff" of [ƒcƒc] affecting the flow of SammyServers, change is needed. The change is: http://forum.sammyservers.com is the new home for all things SammyServers. This isn't a "Fuck You" to anyone, from the newest [ƒcƒc] approved member, all the way to Red and Blue. Here is the reasons needed for change:

1. First are foremost the idea of heavenforum.org (the TRUE owners of http://fcfc.heavenforum.org) being in possession of all user submitted posts is unfair. Unfair to the casual user of our forum to the officers trying to keep sanity in the forum. The TOS of heavenforum.org states all posts are their intellectual property because they allow free forums. SammyServers is gaining popularity and in turn making the forum grow faster. With SammyServers.com hosting its own forum, no matter what, the server controls it all DIRECTLY.
  2. SammyServers.com is becoming ever more dynamic. From the types of games we host, to the type of player it attracts. After much discussion with key players, administrators, and owners, the idea of a "Clan" is no longer valid. A clan consists of a certain mindset among players, and anyone opposed is oppressed. The idea of a community better fits all of SammyServers. Players and members can still have a common way of playing games or feelings toward the server without that feeling being forced upon them. We will still have an application system, yet it will be based on more global standards that accommodate all games that we host.
  3. There is an ever growing disparity between the dealings of SammyServers and [ƒcƒc]. The main fact that [ƒcƒc] only deals with Zombie Master is a big portion. Zombie Master while still dear to SammyServers, and will most likely stay that way, is not the whole server. With administration happenings on Gmod to the fact that regular players of ie Gmod have no clue what [ƒcƒc] is and why it matters. There needs to be a home for all of players. Also for the member of [ƒcƒc] this is mainly unfair to you! To go into a game you know is hosted by SammyServers and getting no feeling of being cause no one there knows what [ƒcƒc] is. That is wrong and must be changed.
  4. Another, quite person reason that slightly made me think about things, was when I, Cherry, got elected as "Player Management" for [ƒcƒc] which I felt was quite ironic, considering that Player Management is more a server role. I feel that the clan believes they have a slight "hold" over the servers, and are free to do as they like with them. I do not know how Indigo is feeling about this, but I personally do not like this at all.
  5. The final reason that springs to mind, is admins. I still do not see why people such as Pink, or Blue should have higher immunity than those people who have actually donated to help pay the server cost. Amongst these for example are Pingas, Nunia and Pallal. The fact that members of [ƒcƒc] are treated differently is unjust in my opinion.

Now with the reasons stated we have thought of ways to make this transition as simple as possible. Again, this is not all out leaving of [ƒcƒc] immediately, big changes takes time. SammyServers values its players very much. With that in mind, you might be a member of [ƒcƒc], yet when you join any game with 66.90.103.33 in it, that's SammyServers. Forums don't let you shoot a hulkshee or make a gun dealer shop. :)

• Any current member of [ƒcƒc] can automatically be a community member of http://forum.sammyservers.com. This being a member only forum area like [ƒcƒc] has, and other benefits soon to be announced. All that we ask is you make a *decent* post in the recruitment area, and once confirmed your an existing [ƒcƒc] member you will be accepted. With this said some [ƒcƒc] members have been down right nasty, yet most if not all will be accepted instantly. This cross grade will expire within 30 days of this post.
  • http://forum.sammyservers.com will have zero hate / troll threads against [ƒcƒc]. To show zero malice to [ƒcƒc], this will be strictly enforced. We want all current and future members to have this feel as a simple move instead of a whole new launch.

The bottom line is we need all the users we can to make this new forum home. All that the server asks is make a true effort into what you post, and to make your voice (text we know) heard clearly. Please help us by bringing yourself and your thoughts to the new forum, thank you!

Last edited by [ƒcƒc]≠ Cherry on Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Opal
Opal

Number of posts : 186
Blue Points : 10

Back to top Go down

SammyServers and [ƒcƒc] moving forward... Empty Re: SammyServers and [ƒcƒc] moving forward...

Post by [ƒcƒc] Pallal Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:17 pm

I completly agree with you cherry, we was once elitists inside the community as a clan and at the moment we are the admins of the community itself which we shouldn't be. Sammy left the servers to both indigo and cherry, not the clan.

Hopefully all our clan members are mature enough to not be in the spotlight anymore just because they joined the clan.

We need to go back to being the elitists of the community and not the community itself.
[ƒcƒc] Pallal
[ƒcƒc] Pallal

Number of posts : 295
Blue Points : 9

Back to top Go down

SammyServers and [ƒcƒc] moving forward... Empty Re: SammyServers and [ƒcƒc] moving forward...

Post by Psycho Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:22 pm

6th (registered person in the SammyServers forum)
Well, Cherry's post is true, and point #4 and #5 especially are things I have thought about myself,too.
@Pallal: Well, I can't see much of elitism here anymore, seeing as there's been waves of ppl joining, just tagging on the clantag onto their old name *wink wink*
Psycho
Psycho
Emperor of this Forum
Emperor of this Forum

Number of posts : 1331
Job/hobbies : Emperor/Spamming the forum
Furry Name : [ƒcƒc] Furry Psycho Cock Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Furry Fucia Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:23 pm

7TH!!

Kai so, forum looks sexy

Can't wait to tr-.. I mean post! :D
Furry Fucia
Furry Fucia

Number of posts : 1099
Location : Land of "We-do-not-close-schools-even-if-the-world-is-going-under".
Job/hobbies : Sleeping hard
Furry Name : Fooooooooshayei
Blue Points : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by [ƒcƒc] Pallal Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:27 pm

Psycho wrote:6th (registered person in the SammyServers forum)
Well, Cherry's post is true, and point #4 and #5 especially are things I have thought about myself,too.
@Pallal: Well, I can't see much of elitism here anymore, seeing as there's been waves of ppl joining, just tagging on the clantag onto their old name *wink wink*

My point exactly, were not the elitist clan of the past, were the community. People in the clan need to be damn good at games and not just have certain stats to get in. Frankly i think people should need a recommendation to even apply.
[ƒcƒc] Pallal
[ƒcƒc] Pallal

Number of posts : 295
Blue Points : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:34 pm

[ƒcƒc]≠ Cherry wrote:With recent changes in the makeup of SammyServers, and the "staff" of [ƒcƒc] affecting the flow of SammyServers, change is needed...

1. ...With SammyServers.com hosting its own forum, no matter what, the server controls it all DIRECTLY.
  2. ...The idea of a community better fits all of SammyServers...
  3. ...There needs to be a home for all of players...
  4. ...I feel that the clan believes they have a slight "hold" over the servers, and are free to do as they like with them. ...I personally do not like this at all.
  5. ...I still do not see why people such as Pink, or Blue should have higher immunity than those people who have actually donated to help pay the server cost... The fact that members of [ƒcƒc] are treated differently is unjust in my opinion.

I had to make a forum account on here just because I have to give my support for Cherry's post here. I agree 100%.

One. Hundred. Percent.

Frost

Number of posts : 1
Blue Points : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by SofaKingHot Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:57 pm

I'm glad this is mostly a positive thread so far.

Another reason that should be noted is how scalable the new forum will be. No matter what SammyServers gets into or out of, the forum will be there.

That's why there is a Other SS games setion, I think.. Wink

Much work to still be done, it is fun to watch initial chaos in a new forum. Join us! Just don't point and laugh too much please.
SofaKingHot
SofaKingHot

Number of posts : 113
Blue Points : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Piru-nyan Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:22 pm

[ƒcƒc]≠ Cherry wrote: I still do not see why people such as Pink, or Blue should have higher immunity than those people who have actually donated to help pay the server cost.

i don't really know why blue has higher immunity than others. but following the immunity rules sammy originally had (adding 1 to an admins immunity every month of admin they have, am i right?) would mean i would have the highest immunity, and the most experience, than any other admin. and i have contributed quite a lot of my time to the servers, just not as important things such as coding plug-ins or creating an entire forums for it. (though i would have gladly helped if you asked me to)
Piru-nyan
Piru-nyan
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1042
Job/hobbies : Changing my pink rank to my current fav anime character.
Furry Name : fuck dat shit
Blue Points : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by [ƒcƒc]± Furry Blue Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:57 pm

At this point, i no longer agree with joining this Sammy's servers forum. Seeing as Sofaking just ditched [ƒcƒc] It's sort of a slap in the face now, like "Hey we have this we don't need you anymore"

Notice to all [ƒcƒc] Members, You can NOT sign up a username with your clan tag, they purposely blocked it. Which to me is sort of offensive. Asking us to join another community from this clan forum, then blocking the clan tag.

Ends up me finally making an account with the clan tag on is starting shit too *sigh* or atleast thats the very rude response i got from sofaking on my Application (after i pointed out they could change my name to simply Blue if they really wished)

Also why the hell are we applying? What are we applying to? Its starting to look like a completely new "Sammy servers" Clan that was made to rip this one up during all this drama.

Fun fun,

Just in case you wish to see what i said before
Spoiler:
[ƒcƒc]± Furry Blue
[ƒcƒc]± Furry Blue
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 588
Job/hobbies : Red's older brother and married to Pink
Blue Points : -91

Back to top Go down

Post by Psycho Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:32 am

While I've had my beef with Blue's opinions during the last few days, I will have to agree with him on this topic. I mean, we wear the clantag on the servers. So why should we not be allowed to do so in the servers' forum? I think it should be up to every person to choose whether he/she wants to have the tag in his/her name. I just used "Psycho" as name, just like in this forum, so I did not realize the clantag was banned until I read Indigo's and Blue's threads. And stating that Blue's "application" was not in good faith simply because he got pissed trying to get his tag into the name for 10 minutes is a little overreacting I think.
Psycho
Psycho
Emperor of this Forum
Emperor of this Forum

Number of posts : 1331
Job/hobbies : Emperor/Spamming the forum
Furry Name : [ƒcƒc] Furry Psycho Cock Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by [ƒcƒc]± Furry Blue Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:26 pm

Gernerally, i also completely dislike the application system.

What the hell are we applying for? A Clan?

Last Time i checked, Sammy's servers was public, So why does it have applications and act as if its private?

It should be a community site, not a secret club -.-
[ƒcƒc]± Furry Blue
[ƒcƒc]± Furry Blue
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouta Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:26 am

Really I don't like the idea of this new forum, no matter how much you don't want it to feel like us leaving ƒcƒc, that's how it feels like or at the very least diminishing the clan/name to a point, one thing I thought, when I joined the server/clan, I thought ƒcƒc owned the servers and Cherry, Indigo owned the clan but I guess that's not it.

but I still see some good points Cherry said, thus why I actually TRIED to sign up for the new forums, though it kept saying the code I was putting in was wrong some how, so I couldn't sign up.

I don't completely like what's happening but I'll agree to it, is how I feel.
Kouta
Kouta

Number of posts : 44
Job/hobbies : Graphics
Furry Name : Kouta

Back to top Go down

Post by [ƒcƒc]± Furry Blue Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:21 am

Kouta wrote:Really I don't like the idea of this new forum, no matter how much you don't want it to feel like us leaving ƒcƒc, that's how it feels like or at the very least diminishing the clan/name to a point, one thing I thought, when I joined the server/clan, I thought ƒcƒc owned the servers and Cherry, Indigo owned the clan but I guess that's not it.

but I still see some good points Cherry said, thus why I actually TRIED to sign up for the new forums, though it kept saying the code I was putting in was wrong some how, so I couldn't sign up.

I don't completely like what's happening but I'll agree to it, is how I feel.

I'm going to put some things out there,

This whole two forum thing is really un-needed, we should just move the official [ƒcƒc] Forum to the new one, meaning We would be the official clan of Sammy's Servers, and the new Board could supply everything that this one lacked, aswell as providing a place for just-plain Sammy's servers players to hang out and post.

I'm talking a total conversion, we put up a small section like "Rules" and "Recruitment" and the two or three things that are actually clan only, then regular [ƒcƒc] Members use the same public off topic, and screenshot sections as the public community. Simplifies the two forums into one that serves both purposes.

Both forums have generally the same sections, it wouldn't be hard at all to make a section that was Devoted to [ƒcƒc]. Less drama because it seems like we are splitting up, and more freedom for the servers to have a non-clan based community (without the clan being out of the picture entirely)

Not to mention, [ƒcƒc] Regularly churns out content and things for Sammy's servers, so it makes sense. We are the server's official clan. It just feels like with two forums we aren't wanted anymore.
[ƒcƒc]± Furry Blue
[ƒcƒc]± Furry Blue
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouta Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:44 am

I agree with Blue's above post, that idea seems more simple and realistic and really at this point to say no to the idea, would only confirm the idea that [ƒcƒc] is being thrown to the side, Blue's above idea satisfies both sides, it should be done, its the right thing to do.

Maybe this is one of the reason blue has hiring or what ever power you wondered about, hes good with ideas and helping things get thought through, among other things I'm sure.

But again, this is what I feel, I have no real say so, just my thoughts as a clan member.

On a side note, I have been watching lots of map tutorials lately so hopefully I'll be another [ƒcƒc] member putting my two cents in.
Kouta
Kouta

Back to top Go down

Post by Furry Red Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:42 pm

HE SAID MY NAME !
SWEET.
I HAVEN'T BEEN FORGOTTEN !!!
Furry Red
Furry Red
BANNINATED!
BANNINATED!

Number of posts : 293
Job/hobbies : Blue's little sister
Furry Name : Furry McSexYoMuffins
Blue Points : -1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouta Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:27 pm

[ƒcƒc]± Furry Red Cock wrote:HE SAID MY NAME !
SWEET.
I HAVEN'T BEEN FORGOTTEN !!!

Who are you again?
hehehe jk Exclamation

Ignore the aboveness. OMG derailing post . . .

Anywho, I get the feeling this topic is now going to be ignored . . . Surprised
Kouta
Kouta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down