[ƒcƒc]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New upgrades ideas :O

+9
Aku
Daiju
≅ Acidpoint
Game Zombie
Sparky Bio
± IdahoPirate
Teh Idiot
Psycho
invalid forum account
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New upgrades ideas :O Empty New upgrades ideas :O

Post by invalid forum account Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:33 am

Preamble (aka the boring, unimportant part)
I am putting this here, because I feel this forum has more of the experienced ZM players.
And the public section, because most others are restricted to members only. Someone really messed with the forum permissions there. Not the point here now though.

The upgrades plugin as it is now, is pretty old. One might even say: outdated.
Granted, there have been some bug fixes, along with some minor changes and slight additions. But nothing really noticeable.
So I am thinking of adding some new upgrades. Can't promise much yet, it all depends on my time and how busy other events keep me.

What I am currently thinking about, is upgrades for the ZM.
Like more resources. Or faster resource gain. Or increased population limit.
All those ideas aren't really mine, and they aren't really new either.
I remember, back when Sammy still was in charge, we suggested those to him.
And he rejected, because in his opinion it would only encourage more spam.

So I'd like you people to discuss this here now. What are you thoughts? Would the game / our servers benefit from upgrades for the ZM? Or would what Sammy feared happen, encouraging spamming of zombies?
Maybe some even have other ideas for new upgrades? (btw, the simpler the better)
invalid forum account
invalid forum account

Number of posts : 1124
Blue Points : 36

Back to top Go down

New upgrades ideas :O Empty Re: New upgrades ideas :O

Post by Psycho Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:38 am

That is a different question. On some maps, nearly maxed survivors can amke (parts of) the map a piece of cake, but on some other maps, if the ZM sets spam controls to max, it is even hard with max upgrades.
Psycho
Psycho
Emperor of this Forum
Emperor of this Forum

Number of posts : 1331
Job/hobbies : Emperor/Spamming the forum
Furry Name : [ƒcƒc] Furry Psycho Cock Fox
Blue Points : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by invalid forum account Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:04 pm

One thing Kiez4r suggested today, I'd like to put here. So I don't forget about it, and because I know he's not a forum type, therefore not likely to post it himself:

Points Lottery.
Anyone can "purchase" a lottery ticket, using some amount of upgrade (or bonus?) points.
You will get a number then, ranging from 1-100. After a couple of minutes, the lottery starts and one random number will win what's in the jackpot.

If there are no winners, the jackpot would have to be carried over to the next lottery..
Could be bit complicated, when a map change occurs in between.
And the lottery plugin would have to check for the time left on a map of course, so it doesn't start a lottery when there isn't enough time left.
invalid forum account
invalid forum account

Back to top Go down

Post by Teh Idiot Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:01 pm

What about Increase melee damage? Leading up to 200%? Maybe get 2% more melee damage per level. It'll encourage not only using the Mac10.

Or maybe Get a sort of Armor upgrade. And HP regen at level 50 is instead 25HP 25armor.

Maybe even an attack speed increase for melee weapons as a part of my melee upgrade idea?

Just basic ideas :P tell me if they are even probable.

I heard they aren't possible lolololol.

fail @me

Last edited by Furry Idiot on Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fail)

Teh Idiot

Number of posts : 646
Blue Points : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by ± IdahoPirate Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:46 pm

incinerary rounds maybe? like at lvl one for every say, 13 rounds fired, you have a one in 3 chance to light whatever it hits on fire.

One time uprades. how bout some upgrades without levels, and just require a certain amount of points, and can be bought at the beginning of eaach round. sort of like the way you can buy kevlar in CSS. you can pay for somethign like say, fire suit, and for the rest of the round you have a %50 resistance to fire. these could be limited to one per round to avoid spamming them to become overpowered.

± IdahoPirate
Recruitment Officer
Recruitment Officer

Number of posts : 504
Blue Points : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by invalid forum account Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:41 pm

Furry Idiot wrote:What about Increase melee damage? Leading up to 200%? Maybe get 2% more melee damage per level. It'll encourage not only using the Mac10.

Or maybe Get a sort of Armor upgrade. And HP regen at level 50 is instead 25HP 25armor.

Maybe even an attack speed increase for melee weapons as a part of my melee upgrade idea?

Just basic ideas :P tell me if they are even probable.

I heard they aren't possible lolololol.

fail @me

nuu, no fail. I never told you those weren't possible.
Spoiler:

That about altering weapon damage.

Armor upgrade I honestly have no idea yet how I would approach that. There is no armor variable in ZM, I could work with. Least I don't think there is.
Furthermore I don't think the survivors need anything that makes them even more powerful.

And finally attack speed increase: While theoretically possible to alter attack speeds, those are connected to the player models' animations. So the attack animation would become garbled if I changed the attack speed.
invalid forum account
invalid forum account

Back to top Go down

Post by Teh Idiot Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:19 pm

What about zombie modifications? (HP/Speed(maybe)/Attack power)

Are those encrypted? or even changeable?

Teh Idiot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Bio Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:44 pm

How about...
-play with the tripmine plugin so you can have explosives. Basically have two buttons to bind so you can place and detonate.(Only hurts zombies)
-Player abilities so you actually have a chance to dodge a zombie hit when being hit.
-MORE RTD IDEAS such as: ragdolled,WIERD VISION(S),Cookies that give you some hp, etc.
-Ability to give health when someones about to die?(Only works on those below healthy)

This is all I can think of right now

Sparky Bio

Number of posts : 162
Furry Name : No
Blue Points : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Zombie Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:25 pm

Charge (DIS IDE ORIGNEL SHUT UPZ) making you run faster say maybe another 50 units (or what ever the fuck it is for sprint) faster then usual for maybe 3 seconds
Game Zombie
Game Zombie

Number of posts : 474
Furry Name : [ƒcƒc] Game Zombie
Blue Points : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by ≅ Acidpoint Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:46 am

Not an upgrade idea, but something to do with bonus. I've told you this before but why not make it legit? (posting on the forums)

Exchange 100 bonus for 1 upgrade point. (or whatever you think is fair)

---------------------

Upgrade ideas? Hm.. How about an addition to ammo regen? It'd be where you get ammo regen not just in your clip.

And for the Zombie Master upgrades, I believe the zombies are too easy to kill at times. Raising the population is a bad idea IMO. Reason being is because I see the servers be a lot harder to newbies and fairly challenging to moderately good players.

I think increasing zombie's health would be great! (I don't see this as a problem because with a hulkshe it has a lot more health than a regular hulk)

≅ Acidpoint

Number of posts : 388
Job/hobbies : I work this year at an elementary school. It's loadsa fun.
Furry Name : [ƒcƒc] Acidpoint

Blue Points : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Daiju Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:28 am

Game Zombie wrote:Charge (DIS IDE ORIGNEL SHUT UPZ) making you run faster say maybe another 50 units (or what ever the fuck it is for sprint) faster then usual for maybe 3 seconds

But wouldnt this make water sliding (aka Jesus walk) even easier and you could get further without losing that much hp at all.
Daiju
Daiju

Number of posts : 75
Blue Points : -1

Back to top Go down

Post by Aku Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:31 am

I think the ZM should be able to upgrade his amount of resources

Aku
Furry Jesus
Furry Jesus

Number of posts : 798
Job/hobbies : Rage Quitter
Furry Name : [ƒcƒc]± Furry Hobo
Blue Points : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Zombie Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:06 pm

Daiju wrote:
Game Zombie wrote:Charge (DIS IDE ORIGNEL SHUT UPZ) making you run faster say maybe another 50 units (or what ever the fuck it is for sprint) faster then usual for maybe 3 seconds

But wouldnt this make water sliding (aka Jesus walk) even easier and you could get further without losing that much hp at all.
So does hp regen, sprint, and bhoping
Game Zombie
Game Zombie

Back to top Go down

Post by Daiju Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:33 am

Game Zombie wrote:
Daiju wrote:

So does hp regen, sprint, and bhoping

Yeah, thats why we need no more upgrades that make exploiting easier.
Daiju
Daiju

Back to top Go down

Post by invalid forum account Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:26 pm

Let me try and make a list of things that have been suggested here, so I can haz a better overview.
(in no special order)

- more resources for the ZM
- faster resource gain
- increased population limit
- points lottery
- increased melee damage
- armor upgrade for survivors
- attack speed increase for melee weapons
- incendiary rounds
- one time upgrades (much like maxmenu ones I guess)
- fire armor / fire protection
- zombie hp
- zombie speed
- zombie damage / attack power
- tripmine like explosives for survivors and possibly the ZM
- dodge zombie attacks ability for survivors
- MORE RTD IDEAS such as: ragdolled,WIERD VISION(S),Cookies that give you some hp, etc.
- Ability to give health when someones about to die?(Only works on those below healthy)
- charge ability for survivors, to sprint even faster for a given amount of time
- exchange bpoints for upgrade points
- ammo regen for the secondary clip

I think that's pretty much everything that has been suggested here so far.
While some of the things certainly are way above what could be done, others are possible.
I will try to comment on every idea throughout next week, and based on that start thinking about how I could possibly make some work.
If you have any further comments or questions on the things that have been suggested, please continue to post here. Same if you want to suggest any further ideas. Thanks bai.
invalid forum account
invalid forum account

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiez4r Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:24 am

Indigo wrote:One thing Kiez4r suggested today, I'd like to put here. So I don't forget about it, and because I know he's not a forum type
I'll have you know I've posted a whole 18 times! 19 if you include this one.

But yeah, totally forgot my lottery idea, i feel quite pleased with myself now.
Kiez4r
Kiez4r

Number of posts : 98
Job/hobbies : door to door karate salesman
Furry Name : Kiez4r ... Furry Kiez4r.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalid forum account Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:15 pm

I still think the points lottery would make a nice addition for all players. Everyone loves winning points, so players will love a lottery system.

However, I didn't have much time yet, as to really think about what such a lottery system should be like.
This is where you come in now. You can help by giving suggestions/ideas/feedback about the whole lottery idea.

Ideas like, how often should the lottery occur? Once per map? Once per round? Once every hour/day/month?
In entirely random intervals? Or even admin triggered, via a !lottery command? (could be abused)
Either way, I will have to check for the map time, to make sure the lottery doesn't get started the last minute of a map. (Oh god, and of course for a rtv related map change T.T)

And what about people disconnecting? Should those get points they have spent refunded? (Obviously, such a refund system will cause a lot of more work for me, storing every players bets.)
What about the win/lose chances? And how many points should people have to spend to participate in the lottery? And what should be the maximum points they can win then?
Should there be only one winner, or maybe a 2nd and 3rd place as well? (Reducing the total amount of points a single person can win)
Anything else I forgot for now?

I am currently thinking something like this: You spend 10 points to participate. Of those 10, 8 go into the pot.
Which means, on a full server with 16 people, if everyone participates, there will be a total of 16x8=128 points. Now, the first place wins 60 points, 2nd place 40 and 3rd place 28 points. (or 1st 64, 2nd 48 and 3rd 16, just because those numbers are easier to divide by 8)
Just some first basic thought, nothing fixed yet.

Hopefully some of you will have some feedback for me here, thanks in advance.
invalid forum account
invalid forum account

Back to top Go down

Post by Daiju Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:15 am

If possible you could have players to buy their lottery tickets with command like "!buyticket #" (number between 1 and 100?), then the plugin would pick a random number from that range and if someone got a ticket on that number, he wins loadsa money all points.

Of course if no one has that number it would store the points untill next lottery, or if two players got the same number, it would divide points between those two.
Daiju
Daiju

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Zombie Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:54 pm

Once a lottery happens it should wait 30 minutes then after that 30 minutes is up it will randomly activate in the next 30 minutes. You could make it so it keeps track of how many points are used to get the tickets and then add about like 40 onto that for first place then maybe half it and add 10 onto it for second and make it it so third gets 5 points back (or how ever much it costs to get a ticket)
Game Zombie
Game Zombie

Back to top Go down

Post by ≅ Acidpoint Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:45 pm

This is how I view it. In order to be entered in the lottery you have to win 1 round or kill 3 people as ZM. That way, total noobs can't get lucky or anything.

≅ Acidpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Bio Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:40 am

Well, I have an idea for upgrades but it may require a lot of coding.
-Moveable Turrets
It depends on how much damage, range, hp, and ammo regen for each level. Buttons to bind and how to move it. Of course your going to need to be able to spawn a turret. Still, just an idea to throw in the air.

Indigo, you should do that thing with th refundable points because timing out or internet connection dies happens to me after a while. Also it should be once a round but results happen later in a round. I don't like the round start lag so there should be a timer.

1st: about 80% 2. 15% 3. 5%
if it can't be divided into those percentage, then just give it to the one that was chosen first.
Again with the lottery, there should be a maximum on how much you can give and get.

Sparky Bio

Number of posts : 162
Furry Name : No
Blue Points : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by ≅ Acidpoint Fri May 07, 2010 2:19 pm

I have a suggestion that I feel is extremely important to the servers. We all know everyone crashes at least a few times a day. (depending on how many hours you play)

The problem is if the zombie master crashes, the whole round restarts. My suggestion is have a Zombie Master understudy.

Example : Acidpoint is the current zombie master. Game Zombie is the ZM understudy. At nearly the end of the round I crash, and Game Zombie becomes the new ZM, thus eliminating (for the most part) round restarts when they're not necessary.

≅ Acidpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Teh Idiot Fri May 07, 2010 3:48 pm

Acidpoint wrote:I have a suggestion that I feel is extremely important to the servers. We all know everyone crashes at least a few times a day. (depending on how many hours you play)

The problem is if the zombie master crashes, the whole round restarts. My suggestion is have a Zombie Master understudy.

Example : Acidpoint is the current zombie master. Game Zombie is the ZM understudy. At nearly the end of the round I crash, and Game Zombie becomes the new ZM, thus eliminating (for the most part) round restarts when they're not necessary.

I like this idea. not sure how you would code it though. Maybe if the zm goes Idle (where it says "you'll be kicked if idle yadda yadda yadda") it commands the "understudy" sm_team steamid12345678990 3. From what I hardly understand, It seems like it would be easy. would just need to have a fair system to choose said understudy. Maybe a volunteer system at the beginning "would you like to play understudy if <name> goes idle? y/n" then when that happens, trigger the current zm to sm_team 1 or sm_kick "you have been idle for too long as zm"

Teh Idiot

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Zombie Fri May 07, 2010 4:17 pm

Teh Idiot wrote:trigger the current zm to sm_team 1 or sm_kick "you have been idle for too long as zm"
The afk kicker kicks the person if their idle long enough for the round to restart

4:42 PM - Wil: I don't get it
4:42 PM - Wil: you just quoted what I said :p
4:42 PM - Game Zombie: i dunno
4:43 PM - Wil: you hoe
4:43 PM - Wil: you made me look dumb :O
4:43 PM - Game Zombie: lololololololololololol
Game Zombie
Game Zombie

Back to top Go down

Post by ≅ Acidpoint Thu May 20, 2010 3:53 pm

Suggestion : It's sorta like a maprate. You can vote the difficulty level and it would show the difficulty when you rtv.

Example : zm_crocodile_v5 (hard)

Example : zm_crocodile_v4 (easy)

Not needed or anything, but I think it could be beneficial.

≅ Acidpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum