[ƒcƒc]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bringing back tetris-new42-epic

5 posters

Go down

Bringing back tetris-new42-epic Empty Bringing back tetris-new42-epic

Post by Emo Panda Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:24 pm

I was wondering if the map could be put back into rotation? It was always such a fun experience for me because of all the unexpected traps and such. And the server was usually packed with people playing, laughing, RAGING!!!! and dying (and all the serious players were playing on the other server Exodus Dawn and whatnot).

On a semi-related note, why was it removed?
Emo Panda
Emo Panda

Number of posts : 164
Blue Points : 6

Back to top Go down

Bringing back tetris-new42-epic Empty Re: Bringing back tetris-new42-epic

Post by Game Zombie Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:18 pm

To my knowledge the main reason is because Indigo doesn't like the Tetris maps
Game Zombie
Game Zombie

Number of posts : 474
Furry Name : [ƒcƒc] Game Zombie
Blue Points : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Emo Panda Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:59 pm

Game Zombie wrote:To my knowledge the main reason is because Indigo doesn't like the Tetris maps

Alright but tetris-gold5(w/e it's called) is still on the map rotation and real-tetris as well.
Emo Panda
Emo Panda

Back to top Go down

Post by Psycho Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:42 pm

Emo Panda wrote:
Alright but tetris-gold5(w/e it's called) is still on the map rotation and real-tetris as well.
Well those should be removed too as they suck.
Psycho
Psycho
Emperor of this Forum
Emperor of this Forum

Number of posts : 1331
Job/hobbies : Emperor/Spamming the forum
Furry Name : [ƒcƒc] Furry Psycho Cock Fox
Blue Points : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by invalid forum account Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:17 am

To my knowledge Game Zombie sucks and gives false facts based on his half knowledge and bad memory.

And yeah. I dislike tetris maps, like many other important people dislike it too.

The reason why it had been removed however was, no matter what version, tetris_new kept crashing people every single round. And that's something so annoying, i had to remove it. (Plus it crashed me too, so it was double-annoying for me.)

Sorry Emo, no chance of it being put into map rotation again. Unless someone fixes it.
invalid forum account
invalid forum account

Number of posts : 1124
Blue Points : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Zombie Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:40 pm

invalid forum account wrote:bad memory.
That is true since I just finally remembered what map he was talking about. I thought he was talking about the one where it's actually Tetris but has around 11 levels with different traps on each one
Game Zombie
Game Zombie

Number of posts : 474
Furry Name : [ƒcƒc] Game Zombie
Blue Points : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Emo Panda Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:26 pm

invalid forum account wrote:Unless someone fixes it.

Narcissistic remarks aside, you make a good point. However, and I probably should have said this in the first post, I've been playing it recently on another server and it works perfectly. Never crashed once! No issues with the map whatsoever. Maybe the map version I played on SS long ago was an older version.

On another point, does it crash due to because it conflicts with the server's database?(Off-topic) And if its such a crash-prone map, why is zm_supermariobros still in the map rotation? That is one such map in which it's impossible to finish a round without the server going down.

Last edited by Emo Panda on Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Emo Panda
Emo Panda

Back to top Go down

Post by [ƒcƒc]≅ Furry Scottish Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:38 am

Emo Panda wrote:
On another point, does it crash due to because it conflicts with the server's database?(Off-topic) And if its such a crash-prone map, why is zm_supermariobros still in the map rotation? That is one such map in which it's impossible to

During my many times playing that map on sammyservers, it has only crashed once (while im on) and that was due to 12 players getting killed at the same time. Other than that, ive never seen it crash once (although im sure it probably has).

[ƒcƒc]≅ Furry Scottish
[ƒcƒc]≅ Furry Scottish
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 434
Furry Name : [ƒcƒc]± Furry Scottish Sonic Fox
Blue Points : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by invalid forum account Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:55 am

so

final answer to Emo Panda's initial question: Nope.

boring read on rant part:

zm_tetris_3d is what game zombie means then.
And that is still in map rot, never was removed. <-facts
So you can't say:
Indigo doesn't like the Tetris maps, and therefore removes any of them. <- wrong facts.

Emo Panda, if something works for you. You can't come to the conclusion it works for everyone. It's tedious, you bringing up that flawed argument.

Fact is: Tetris_new_<all versions> crash many people, a lot. (it's even kinda reproduce-able)
My guess was some shader issues, but i re-thought that opinion meanwhile. And came to the conlusion, ZM just sucks balls. It's badly coded. They even admit that (you can find + read ZM devs comments in it's sources.) <- not the point anymore now though.

Second Fact: Since whenever i tried making the upgrade plugin more fair towards the ZM player, and added the extra 10 points (20 for VIPs) a ZM player can win. Since that, people of course kept abusing tetris_new to cheap win points, even point farm.

Now you guys can argue, that's my coding work's flaw, if point farming or exploiting the points system even works.
And you are right. It is my flaw, i could code more and add more checks and stuffs.
However. You can't make me work, unless you pay me.
So unless you pay me for my work, I decide what im working/coding/fixing, and what ways and methods im using as server root / only coding person / workslave for fcfc.

Tetris_new is removed, because it crashed / maybe still crashes a lot of people, including me. + People can't play fair, and there is always morons abusing / exploiting things, ruining it for everyone else.

Then. Supermario map. I agree it's crashy, too.
The reason why it never was removed: I'm lazy and i can't remember anyone ever asking me to remove it, because it crashes.
So i did not remove it yet.
That doesn't mean, I HAVE TO or NEED TO or SHOULD put back tetris, JUST BECAUSE MARIO is still there.

Your logic is flawed. (in at least 2 points, idk+idc if you got that.)

Pissed off now, that people can't think for themselves properly, and i have to type my ass off again here.

Therefore: Sick of this topic, LOCKED. Computer says "No."
invalid forum account
invalid forum account

Number of posts : 1124
Blue Points : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down