[ƒcƒc]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein : Enemy Territory - new [ƒcƒc] clan server

+5
Furry Fucia
Psycho
TinkyWinky!
± IdahoPirate
invalid forum account
9 posters

Go down

Return to Castle Wolfenstein : Enemy Territory - new [ƒcƒc] clan server  Empty Return to Castle Wolfenstein : Enemy Territory - new [ƒcƒc] clan server

Post by invalid forum account Sun May 15, 2011 11:53 am

I'm happy to announce, we have a new game + clan server :D

Checkout information about this rather old, but still very fun, objective based Team vs Team WWII FPS game.

http://www.splashdamage.com/wolfet
http://www.planetwolfenstein.com/enemyterritory/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfenstein:_Enemy_Territory

Best part is, it's entirely free and just about 250MB for the download
Ill be adding a download mirror to the box' webserver soon, meanwhile you can get the ET 2.60b installer at:
http://sammyservers.com/ET/Wolfenstein-ET-2.60b.exe

Some mirror:
http://wolffiles.de/filebase/ET/Full%20Version/Wolfenstein-ET-2.60b.exe

I spent my day uploading and configuring and setting up and running and testing this server. Now it's up to you and everyone here, to help populate it with people.
So we can attract new players and force ... err.. convince them to join this awesome clan :D

Oh right, the server's IP is 66.90.103.33 port 27960 UDP. Just enter that IP, you won't need the port. (its the games' default)

This server is currently running Jaymod 2.2.0, which adds exp saving and tons of more fun stuffs like poison gas, throwing knives, adrenaline syringes, playing dead, double jumps, oh and an extra level 5 for all classes.

Enjoy playing! :D

Last edited by invalid forum account on Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
invalid forum account
invalid forum account

Number of posts : 1124
Blue Points : 36

Back to top Go down

Return to Castle Wolfenstein : Enemy Territory - new [ƒcƒc] clan server  Empty Re: Return to Castle Wolfenstein : Enemy Territory - new [ƒcƒc] clan server

Post by ± IdahoPirate Sun May 15, 2011 11:59 am

WOOHOO ENEMY TERRITORY

that was the first game i ever bought on my new comp. ill reinstall now yay

± IdahoPirate
Recruitment Officer
Recruitment Officer

Number of posts : 504
Blue Points : 10

Back to top Go down

Return to Castle Wolfenstein : Enemy Territory - new [ƒcƒc] clan server  Empty Re: Return to Castle Wolfenstein : Enemy Territory - new [ƒcƒc] clan server

Post by invalid forum account Sun May 15, 2011 5:21 pm

bought? Enemy Territory always was free.
The good ET, not the crap Quake Wars poc game.
invalid forum account
invalid forum account

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkyWinky! Sun May 15, 2011 5:26 pm

I love this clan so much fucking more. Thanks for doing this. I mean this is my favorite WWII FPS game. Finally, we took action to making a server in there!!!

Expect me playing sometime soon. Maybe not today, but definitely this week or weekend.
TinkyWinky!
TinkyWinky!

Number of posts : 69
Job/hobbies : Hitman
Furry Name : [ƒcƒc] TinkyWinky
Blue Points : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by invalid forum account Sun May 15, 2011 6:52 pm

two things people were having issues with while running ET:

- make sure you get the correct version. Latest is v2.60b. the b is important. that is 2.60b

- if you're on 64 bit windows, you will have to run the ET.exe in windows XP (or 2000 or even 98) compatibility mode.

invalid forum account
invalid forum account

Back to top Go down

Post by invalid forum account Sun May 15, 2011 7:27 pm

Also remember, this is my first setup of ET + jaymod.
That means, the server is currently running, but far from being flawless + configured right.

Report things here please, which don't work or you think i should change.

kkthx.
invalid forum account
invalid forum account

Back to top Go down

Post by invalid forum account Mon May 16, 2011 8:53 am

Something good for widescreen users:

some other forum i found wrote:
For example, if you have FullHD 16:9 monitor:

seta r_mode "-1"
seta r_customwidth "1920"
seta r_customheight "1080"

Quelle: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/Wolfenstein:_Enemy_Territory

You can open console with the tilde ~ key (left of 1).
Then enter the above 3 lines, and use the resolution values your monitor supports.
And finally, enter into console: vid_restart
This will restart the video engine and your game should be in correct 16:9 (or 16:10) format.

Another thing some people run into, is PunkBuster (the cheat/hack protection) failing to create a GUID.
(GUID is your game key, much like a steamid. PB will create one automatically the first time you join a PB protected server.)
So if PunkBuster gives you some error similar to "Failed to load/create your GUID":

Open console and enter: /pb_myguid

Hope this helped, and hope to see many of you on the new server :)
invalid forum account
invalid forum account

Back to top Go down

Post by Psycho Mon May 16, 2011 9:17 am

The widescreen thing works, might wanna put it in a text file you rename autoexec.cfg and put it in your game folder if your resolution gets reset on game restart.

I got that GUID error once, now i get some stupid pak file error.
Psycho
Psycho
Emperor of this Forum
Emperor of this Forum

Number of posts : 1331
Job/hobbies : Emperor/Spamming the forum
Furry Name : [ƒcƒc] Furry Psycho Cock Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Furry Fucia Mon May 16, 2011 10:26 am

Last time I tried it, Punkbuster kept kicking me for no reason. Updating it didn't work either.
And when I finally got it working, I noticed how terrible old games are online. At least with mobile broadband...

Would have given it a shot if I had proper internets.
Furry Fucia
Furry Fucia

Number of posts : 1099
Location : Land of "We-do-not-close-schools-even-if-the-world-is-going-under".
Job/hobbies : Sleeping hard
Furry Name : Fooooooooshayei
Blue Points : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by invalid forum account Mon May 16, 2011 12:03 pm

@Psycho pak file error?

invalid forum account wrote:
- if you're on 64 bit windows, you will have to run the ET.exe in windows XP (or 2000 or even 98) compatibility mode.

@Fucia:
Well, most to all online games suck with bad (read: mobile-) internet connection.
Get bettar internets! xD
Or just try and see how it works for you.
(I wouldn't expect it to work too well, since slow internets + connecting to US servers from europe = timeooooouuut .. out ... out .... out.....out... ou.....o... . <- *fading echo*
invalid forum account
invalid forum account

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkyWinky! Mon May 16, 2011 5:31 pm

Gah people need to play on the server!!!

Either that or make bots. But I understand how bots can be a hassle in this game...
TinkyWinky!
TinkyWinky!

Back to top Go down

Post by invalid forum account Tue May 17, 2011 1:34 am

Agreed, more people need to play there.
That's why i'm advertising for the server at forums, like here, and ss forum and jaymod forum.

We'll have to give it more time though, people will need time to figure out how to run their game on 64-bit and stuffs.

We maybe can have a clan event at the weekend, and make some more people join then.

About bots. Idk yet, depending on how much work that'll be, i will add bots (or not xD) (also depends on my level of boredom, if im bored enough, i usually start looking into stuffs.)
invalid forum account
invalid forum account

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkyWinky! Tue May 17, 2011 6:14 pm

Indeed.

The other issue I hate about the game is the lagg. It's not the server's fault I know, but when your in the US and the server is in Europe, I mean you get lagged up the ass no matter how god damn awesome your computer is.

ET will always give lagg. Probably only once have I ever played on ET without lagg on a US server.
TinkyWinky!
TinkyWinky!

Back to top Go down

Post by Psycho Tue May 17, 2011 10:09 pm

Well, the new installation lets me start the downloads fro mthe server,but as I was going to sleep I quit the game, and TA-DAH internet connection gone again. That can't be a coincidence...
Psycho
Psycho
Emperor of this Forum
Emperor of this Forum

Number of posts : 1331
Job/hobbies : Emperor/Spamming the forum
Furry Name : [ƒcƒc] Furry Psycho Cock Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by invalid forum account Wed May 18, 2011 5:32 am

Psycho wrote:That can't be a coincidence...

You're right!
I found something and now im convinced it's
Spoiler:

And yeah, idk what your internets does there. WiFi is crap, that's nothing new.
(Maybe try setting your rates in game to something slower/faster. Options->System, at the very bottom: Networking/Connection.)
(Or go to console and /seta rate 45000 or some other value. Ill look for more rate specific cvars when i have time.)
invalid forum account
invalid forum account

Back to top Go down

Post by Schoolgirl Wed May 18, 2011 4:50 pm

invalid forum account wrote:- if you're on 64 bit windows, you will have to run the ET.exe in windows XP (or 2000 or even 98) compatibility mode.

your dumb cuz i dont run it on compatibility
Schoolgirl
Schoolgirl

Number of posts : 91
Job/hobbies : Anime, Games, with a splash of Guitar
Furry Name : Furry Clear Box Fox
Blue Points : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Zombie Wed May 18, 2011 5:37 pm

invalid forum account wrote:Agreed, more people need to play there.
This server is for low pings only.
Game Zombie
Game Zombie

Number of posts : 474
Furry Name : [ƒcƒc] Game Zombie
Blue Points : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by invalid forum account Thu May 19, 2011 3:01 am

your internet always sucked game zombie.
You still getting latencies of >900 ms on other servers?
invalid forum account
invalid forum account

Back to top Go down

Post by invalid forum account Thu May 19, 2011 3:24 am

And yeah, I thought of holding an ET clan event at the weekend.
So this server gets populated more, and people have a chance on actually playing this.

But then i realized i'm probably not even here this weekend.
I'm going to a medieval market (kinda LARP thing), fully dressed up in medieval clothing :DDD
invalid forum account
invalid forum account

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiez4r Thu May 19, 2011 5:23 pm

Oh what? I wanna go...
Kiez4r
Kiez4r

Number of posts : 98
Job/hobbies : door to door karate salesman
Furry Name : Kiez4r ... Furry Kiez4r.
Blue Points : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Zombie Thu May 19, 2011 7:49 pm

invalid forum account wrote:your internet always sucked game zombie.
I usually sit around 200 now unless if the weather is horrible
Game Zombie
Game Zombie

Number of posts : 474
Furry Name : [ƒcƒc] Game Zombie
Blue Points : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Emo Panda Thu May 19, 2011 9:42 pm

Game Zombie wrote:
invalid forum account wrote:your internet always sucked game zombie.
I usually sit around 200 now unless if the weather is horrible

I'm curious as to where you live Game Zombie. I'm imagining a small village somewhere in Siberia! Exclamation
Emo Panda
Emo Panda

Number of posts : 164
Blue Points : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by invalid forum account Fri May 20, 2011 3:51 am

For you game zombie, i increased the servers' max ping to 250.
I'm curious if this helped and it lets you join now.

(totally ignoring that dork Emo Panda, and his not related to the topic at all reply, although I'd want to do nothing more now than delete and ban.)
(Eh screw it, who cares about that fool.)
invalid forum account
invalid forum account

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down